Ujwala Ail, PhD
Office: Open office, floor 4, Kåkenhus
Phone: +46 (0)11 36 36 07
Ujwala Ail received her Master’s degree in materials science from Mangalore University, India. She did her PhD on ‘thin film semiconducting metal-oxides by nebulized spray pyrolysis and MOCVD for gas sensing applications’ at the Materials Research Centre, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India in 2010. She has done her postdoctoral study at ICMCB, Bordeaux, France in an Indo-French project under the Centre for Promotion of Advanced Research, on ‘Nano-therm, nano structured and composite silicides for thermoelectric power generation’.
She is currently working as a postdoctoral researcher on the thermoelectric study of conducting polymer/inorganic composites. She is currently working as a postdoctoral researcher on the thermoelectric study of conducting polymer/inorganic composites.
- Energy materials: Thin film and bulk thermoelectric materials – conducting polymer/inorganic composites, transition metal silicides
- Semiconducting metal oxide thin films for gas sensing applications.
- S. Perumal, S. Gorsse, U. Ail, M. Prakasam, B. Chevalier and A. M. Umarji, “Thermoelectric properties of Chromium Disilicide prepared by mechanical alloying”. J. Mater. Sci., DOI 10.1007/s10853-013-7398-2, 2013.
- S. Perumal, S. Gorsse, U. Ail, R. Decourt and A. M. Umarji, “Effect of composition on thermoelectric properties of polycrystalline CrSi2”. J. Electron. Mater. 42, 1042, 2013.
- S. Perumal, S. Gorsse, U. Ail, B. Chevalier, R. Decourt and A. M. Umarji, “Effect of co-substitution of Mn and Al on Thermoelectric Properties of Chromium Disilicide”, J. Mater. Sci., 48, 227, 2013.
- G.V. Kunte, Ujwala Ail, S.A.Shivashankar, A.M Umarji, “Dip-coated hydrotungstite thin films as humidity sensors”, Bull. Mater. Sci, 28, (2005), 243-248.
- G. V. Kunte, Ujwala Ail, P. K. Ajikumar, A. K. Tyagi, S.A. Shivashankar and A. M. Umarji “Estimation of Partial Pressure of Subliming Precursors by Thermogravimetry:Application to Vanadyl Acetylacetonate for Metalorganic Chemical Vapor Deposition(MOCVD) of Vanadium Oxides ”Bull. Mater. Sci, 34, no 7, (2011), 1633-1637
- S. Gorsse, P. Bellanger, Y. Brechet, E.Sellier, A. Umarji, U. Ail,R. Decourt, “Nano structuration via solid state transformation as a strategy for improving thermoelectric efficiency of PbTe alloys ”Acta Materialia vol 59, issue 19 (2011), 7425-7437
Last updated: Fri Sep 12 09:21:24 CEST 2014